Advanced risk assessment - raising an alert
The merchant has:
- opted for the PayZen offer that includes the Advanced risk assessment option,
- enabled a rule whose action sends an alert to the merchant website (via the IPN).
When the risk module applies the rule to a transaction, the order status is set to Suspected Fraud.
In the order view, the merchant can accept or refuse the payment:
Accept the payment
By clicking on Accept Payment:
- the order status changes to Processing,
- the paid amount is not updated,
- the invoice is not edited
We recommend merchants to perform this action only if the transaction status is Waiting for capture.
If the transaction has not been validated by the bank (case of deferred payment - the transaction status is Waiting for authorization), the merchant must not update the order status as long as the payment result is not definitive.
The merchant must then click on Invoice to:
- update the paid amount
- edit the invoice
Refuse the payment
By clicking on Deny Payment:
- if you have opted for the PayZen offer with the Web Services option, the transaction status changes to Canceled,
- if you have opted for the PayZen offer without the Web Services option, a message will inform you that the payment must be canceled in the Back Office, PayZen
- the order status changes to Canceled.