Payment with option for the cardholder to create a token
At the moment of payment, the buyer has the possibility to remember the bank details for later by ticking the corresponding checkbox. This completely secure operation facilitates future purchases for the buyer.
The merchant website transmits buyer details to the payment gateway, in particular the e-mail address, which is mandatory.
- The buyer verifies the information displayed on the payment page (amount and currency of the transaction).
- He or she clicks on the payment method that will be registered and used.The payment page displays the information related to the buyer and prompts to enter the banking details.The buyer has the possibility to check the box I would like to register my payment method details for a future purchase. By default, this checkbox is unchecked. However, the buyer has the possibility to remember these banking details on the payment gateway of the shop. Their future purchases will be simplified.
- If the buyer has selected a bank card, he or she enters:
- the card number,
- the card expiry month,
- the card expiry year,
- the CVV code of the card if there is one.
- The buyer clicks Validate.Once the payment method has been verified and the authorization or information request has been accepted by the bank, a summary appears with the following message:
Your registration request with payment has been successfully recorded.This summary contains information that is related both to the token (the buyer ID) that can be used later for another financial operation and to the payment.It is possible to send these details to the buyer by e-mail and receive:
Note :To find out how to send these details by e-mail, see chapter Configuring e-mails sent to the buyer.
- the confirmation of the payment,
- the confirmation of the registration of these banking details on the payment gateway of the shop.
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.