Creating a token in Production mode
Once the configuration of the notification rule is complete, you can proceed to creating the token.
- Display the Management > Recurring payments menu.
The tab Token is displayed by default.
- Click the Create button.
- Select the Shop to notify from the list if you have several shops.
The token creation window appears.
- Enter the Buyer e-mail address.
- A token is generated by default in the Token ID field. You can click on the button Generate a new ID if you wish.You also can enter your own token. You must, however, make sure it is unique.
- Select the payment method from the list.The presented payment methods depend on the MIDs associated with your shop.
- Enter the buyer's card details.
- Card number
- Expiry date
- CVV code
- If you wish, you can select the used currency when checking the payment method.
This choice is useful when you have a multi-currency agreement associated with several shops, where each shop only supports one currency.
It will always be possible to use the token for making payments in any currency supported by the agreement.
- Click NextThe buyer details entry page appears.
The Token section reminds you of the specified e-mail and the created token.
- Fill in the information about the buyer.
These details are useful for buyer identification.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
The buyer’s “First” and “Last name” are mandatory when creating a SEPA mandate.
- Click Create to complete the process.
If all the payment method verification processes have been successfully completed, the token detail window appears.
It mentions the Token ID. It corresponds to the newly created token. It can be later used for another financial operation in your shop(s).If the “Confirmation e-mail of recurring payment sent to the merchant” notification rule is configured and enabled, you will also receive:
- the confirmation of registration of buyer’s banking details,
- the buyer’s token that they can later use for another financial operation,
These details can be sent to the buyer (see chapter Setting up notifications).The processing of a token creation request without payment results in the creation of a VERIFICATION transaction type, visible in the Merchant Back Office and having the following characteristics:
- its amount is 1.00 EUR or 0.00 EUR if the acquirer supports it,
- its status is either "Accepted" (vads_trans_status=ACCEPTED) or "Declined" (vads_trans_status=REFUSED),
- it is never captured and remains in the "Transactions is progress" tab.
The token will not be created if the authorization or information request is rejected.
You can also manage your recurring payments via the Merchant Back Office after creating the token.