Setting up notifications of the final outcome of a deferred payment
This notification is required to communicate the result of a deferred payment:
- if the payment has been accepted.
- if the payment has been declined.
It allows for the merchant website to be notified of an authorization request.
Example:For a deferred payment with a capture delay of 60 days, the authorization request is not made at the moment of the payment. The merchant website will be contacted at the moment of the authorization request via the Instant Payment Notification URL upon batch authorization rule.
This rule is disabled by default.
To set up this notification:
- Right-click on Instant Payment Notification URL upon batch authorization.
- Select Manage the rule.
- Enter the URL of your page into the fields URL to notify in TEST mode and URL to notify in PRODUCTION mode.Figure 1. Setting up a notification upon batch authorization
- Fill in the E-mail address(es) to notify in case of failure.
- To specify several e-mail addresses, separate them by a semi-colon.
- Set up the parameters for Automatic retry in case of failure.This option allows to automatically send notifications to the merchant website in case of failure, up to 4 times.For more information, see chapter Activating the automatic retry.
- Save the modifications.
- Enable the rule by right-clicking on Instant Payment Notification URL upon batch authorization and select Enable the rule.
If the platform is unable to access the URL of your page, an e-mail will be sent to the address specified in step 4.
- the HTTP code of the encountered error,
- parts of error analysis,
- its consequences,
- instructions to resend the request to the URL specified in step 6 from the Back Office .