Identifying yourself during data exchange
To be able to interact with the payment gateway, the merchant needs to have:
- The shop ID: allows to identify the merchant website during data exchange. Its value is transmitted in the vads_site_id field.
- The certificate: allows to compute the alphanumeric signature transmitted in the signature field.
To retrieve these values:
- Sing into the Back Office: https://secure.payzen.eu/vads-merchant/
- Go to Settings > Shop.
- Select the Certificates tab.
Figure 1. Viewing the shop ID and the certificate.
Two types of certificates are available:
- The test certificate for generating the form signature in test mode.
- The production certificate for generating the form signature in production mode.