Defining the steps of the payment process - as seen by the buyer
The diagram below presents the payment process from the point of view of the buyer.
- The buyer validates the shopping cart.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway. The redirection is done via a POST form from HTML to HTTPS. The parameters of the form are described in the chapter Generating a payment form.
- When the parameters and their signature have been verified, the payment method selection page appears.Figure 2. Selecting a payment method
If the payment method has been specified in the form, the buyer moves on directly to step 6.
- The buyer selects a payment method,
- The buyer clicks Validate.
- The buyer enters the card number and expiration date. If the card has a CVV code, it must be specified.
Figure 3. Entering payment method details
- The buyer confirms the selection of the payment method by clicking Validate.
- If the merchant and the buyer's card are subscribed to the 3D Secure authentication option, the payment will be authenticated with 3D Secure.
- An authorization request is sent to the buyer's bank, the issuer, in addition to internal fraud verification on the payment gateway.
- If the payment has been successfully completed, a page with the payment summary will appear.
A link allowing to return to the shop will appear.
In case the transaction fails, a message appears. The buyer is informed if the payment request has been rejected. A button allowing to cancel the transaction and return to the shop will appear.