Activating the automatic retry
This option allows to automatically send notifications to the merchant website in case of failure, up to 4 times.
Several return codes of HTTP type may appear during this exchange between servers. When the return code starts with 4xx or 5xx, the automatic retry does not occur.
The return codes are standardized by W3C in RFC 2616.
|Codes starting with 2||Success codes.
|200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 et 206|
|Codes starting with 3||Redirection codes.
An additional action is required for the final resolution of the request. The redirection cannot exceed 5 attempts.
|300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305|
|Codes starting with 4||Errors of the Web client.
The issue originates from the merchant website: bad, unauthorized or forbidden request, request not found, time-out, conflict, etc.
|400 to 417|
|Codes starting with 5||Server Errors.
The server is unable to provide the requested service due to: configuration problem, availability, HTTP version, implementation, etc.
|500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505|
- Connect to: https://secure.payzen.eu/vads-merchant/.
- Go to the following menu: Settings > Notification rules.
- Right-click on a notification rule.
- Select Manage the rule.Figure 1. Instant Payment Notification URL at the end of payment
- Enter the E-mail address(es) to notify in case of failure.
- To specify several e-mail addresses, separate them by a semi-colon.
- Set up the parameters for Automatic retry in case of failure. Call attempts are programmed at fixed hours every 15 minutes (00, 15, 30, 45). After each failed attempt, a notification e-mail is sent to the e-mail address entered earlier.The e-mail sent in such case include in its object the number for the attempt to send the notification. It is displayed as attempt # followed by the attempt number.Example of object name of an email received following the first failure of notification at the end of a payment
[MODE TEST] My shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAIL when calling your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #1]In case of multiple failed attempts, the subject of the email will contain the attempt number.Example of object name of an email received following the second failure
[MODE TEST] My shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAIL when calling your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #2]Example of object name of an email received following the third failure
[MODE TEST] My shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAIL when calling your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #3]To notify the failure of the last attempted notification, the subject of the email will be attempt #last.Example of object name of an email received for the last attempt
[MODE TEST] My shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAIL when calling your IPNURL [unsuccessful attempt #last]For each received e-mail, it will contain:
Note:After the fourth attempt, it is always possible to retry the notification URL. This can be done manually from your Back Office.Please take note that during the period of automatic retry, all manual calls to the IPN URL will affect the number of automatic attempts.
- The encountered problem
- Parts of error analysis
- Its consequences
- Instructions to resend the notification to the URL specified in step 4 from the Back Office .
- Save the modifications.
During the automatic retry, some information may be not stored in the database or is modified.
Examples of fields not available / not registered in the database:
Examples of fields sent with different values:
- vads_url_check_src to RETRY,
- vads_trans_status. The transaction status following this operation may be different depending on its status at the moment when the URL is called (see chapter Transaction lifecycle)).
- vads_hash with a different value.
- signature with a different value.