Activating the automatic retry
This option allows to automatically send notifications to the merchant website in case of failure, up to 4 times.
Several return codes of HTTP type may appear during this exchange between servers. When the return code starts with 4xx or 5xx, the automatic retry does not occur.
The return codes are standardized by W3C in RFC 2616.
|Codes starting with 2||Success codes.
|200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 and 206|
|Codes starting with3||Redirection codes.
An additional action is required for the final resolution of the request. The redirection cannot exceed 5 attempts.
|300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305|
|Codes starting with4||Errors of the Web client.
The issue originates from the merchant website: bad, unauthorized or forbidden request, request not found, time-out, conflict, etc.
|400 to 417|
|Codes starting with5||Server Errors.
The server is unable to provide the requested service due to: configuration problem, availability, HTTP version, implementation, etc.
|500, 501, 502, 503, 504, 505|
- Connect to : https://secure.payzen.eu/vads-merchant/.
- Go to the following menu: Settings > Notification rules.
- Right click one of the displayed notification rules.
- Select Manage the rule.Figure 1. Instant Payment Notification URL at the end of payment
- Enter the E-mail address(es) to notify in case of failure.
- To specify several e-mail addresses, separate them with a semi-colon.
- Set up the parameters for Automatic retry in case of failure. Call attempts are programmed at fixed intervals every 15 minutes (00, 15, 30, 45). After each failed attempt, a notification e-mail is sent to the e-mail address specified earlier.The subject of the e-mail sent in such case contains the number corresponding to the notification retry attempt. It is presented as attempt # followed by the attempt number.Example of an e-mail subject following a first notification failure at the end of payment:
[TEST MODE] My Shop - Tr. ref. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #1]In case of multiple rejections, the e-mail subject will contain the attempt number.Example of an e-mail subject following a second failure:
[TEST MODE] My Shop - Tr. ref. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #2]Example of an e-mail subject following a third failure:
[TEST MODE] My Shop - Tr. ref. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #3]To notify the merchant website of the last notification attempt, the e-mail subject will contain the mention attempt #last.Example of an e-mail subject following the last failure:
[TEST MODE] My Shop - Tr. ref. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #last]Each e-mail will include the details of:
Note:After the fourth attempt, it is still possible to retry the IPN URL. This can be done manually via your Back Office.Warning, during the automatic retry, any manual call to the IPN URL will affect the number of automatic attempts.
- The encountered problem,
- Parts of analysis depending on the error,
- Its consequences,
- Instructions from the Back Office for resending the request to the URL specified in step 4.
- Save changes.
During the automatic retry, certain details are not stored in the database or are modified.
Examples of fields that are unavailable / not stored in the database:
Examples of fields sent with different values:
- vads_url_check_src set to RETRY.
- vads_trans_status. The transaction status following this operation may be different depending on its status at the moment when the URL is called (see chapter Transaction lifecycle )
- vads_hash populated differently with regard to the new values.
- signature populated differently with regard to the new values.