Using additional functions
PayPal has introduced a program protecting the merchant in case of a lawsuit with the buyer.
To participate in the program when selling physical objects, you must transmit the product description and the shipping address to the payment platform so that this information can be transmitted to PayPal.
The shipping details correspond to the fields starting with vads_ship_. For more information, see chapter Managing shipping details.
If this information is not transmitted to PayPal, the merchant will not be able to benefit from any protection.
Not all merchants are automatically protected. For more information, contact PayPal or visit their website at https://www.paypal.com/fr/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security.
To obtain a customized form, you can use some optional features from the list below:
- Managing the payment methods proposed to the buyer on the payment page
- Managing the payment option selection
- Transmitting buyer details (marital status, e-mail address, etc.)
- Transmitting shipping details (address, etc.)
- Transmitting order details (reference, contents of the cart, etc.)
- Pre-filling the form
- Customizing the UMR (Unique Mandate Reference)
- Modifying the payment expiration date
- Defining a different amount for the first installment(s)
- Managing the URLs to return to the merchant website
- Enabling an automatic return to the merchant website at the end of payment
Other functions are presented in the payment form implementation guide. They will help you easily create a payment form.