Mandate information requirements
The SEPA Direct Debit mandate contains the following elements:
- The type of direct debits: one-off or recurring.
- The UMR (Unique Mandate Reference): a unique reference for each signed mandate.
- Debtor details (name).
- The BIC (Business Identifier Code) and the IBAN (International Bank Account Number) of the debtor: codes allowing to identify in a reliable way the beneficiary of a credit transfer or a direct debit.
- Creditor details (name and address).
- Creditor ID (SEPA creditor identifier): a unique code attributed to the company entitled to make direct debits. Creditor ID is issued by Banque de France (the French central bank) via a banking establishment.
- Mandate signature date.
- Signature of the debtor authorized by his bank to operate the account which is to be debited.