Customizing the UMR (Unique Mandate Reference)
By default the UMR is generated by the payment gateway.
However, the merchant can generate and transmit the value, taking into account the following requirements:
- The value must be transmitted in the field vads_identifier.
- The merchant must make sure that the UMR is unique.Any request for one-time or recurring direct debit made with an existing UMR will lead to an error and a technical error message will appear.
- Length: up to 35 characters.
- Authorized characters:
- a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 / - ? : ( ) . , ' +
- Space is not an authorized character.