Displaying the payment on the payment page PostFinance
For PostFinance payment method, the payment page presents two distinct logos:
- PostFinance Card
- PostFinance e-finance
- The buyer validates the shopping cart.
- The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway.For more information, refer to the Payment Form Implementation Guide available in our online documentation archive). https://payzen.io/fr-FR/
- When the parameters and their signature have been verified, the payment method selection page appears.
- The buyer choose between two PostFinance payments method.Figure 1. Choice of payment method PostFinance
- The buyer is redirected to the PostFinance bank.
- If the choice is on PostFinance Card, the buyer enter the ID number and the card number.
Figure 2. The ID number entry pageFigure 3. The card number entry page
- If the choice is on PostFinance e-finance, the buyer enters the security elements.Figure 4. The e-finance security elements entry page
The buyer should use the PostFinance ID tab or the Mobile ID tab to enter his IDs.Note: The buyer should also use his card reader or his Mobile ID:
- if the amount exceeds Euro 350 in the case of a payment with PostFinance Card,
- if he pay with PostFinance e-finance.
For more information on how to use the card reader or the Mobile ID, please contact PostFinance.Figure 5. Card reader PostFinance
- The buyer follows steps and then valid his payment
- The buyer is redirected to the payment gateway PayZen.If the payment has been successfully completed, a page with the transaction summary will appear with possibility to download into PDF format. In case the transaction fails, a message will appear. The buyer will be informed if the payment request has been rejected. A link at the bottom of the page allows the buyer to return to the shop.