The diagram below presents the exchange process from the point of view of the buyer.
- The buyer validates the shopping cart.
The merchant website redirects the buyer to the payment gateway.
When the parameters and their signature have been verified, the payment method selection page appears.
- The buyer selects the paydirekt payment method.
- If the buyer has not provided all the required information, another page is displayed that will allow him or her to enter the shipping address.
- The payment gateway redirects the buyer to the authentication page of paydirekt.
- The buyer enters his/her user name and password registered via paydirekt and validates the entry.In some cases, for security reasons, paydirekt may ask to enter a TAN (Transaction Authentication Number).The buyer can also ask for a TAN request to be put in place for each payment.In those situations, paydirekt sends a code by SMS to the phone number provided by the buyer at the moment of account creation.
- The acquirer presents the page of payment confirmation.
- The acquirer clicks on Buy now.
- The acquirer processes the information and sends a response to the payment platform.
- The payment platform displays the confirmation page of the transaction.
If the payment has been successfully completed, payment details are presented to the buyer with the option to download the ticket in PDF format.
In case the transaction fails, a message will appear. The buyer will be informed if the payment request has been rejected