Configuring the additional number of attempts
When refusing a payment, you have the possibility to invite the buyer to make another attempt with another payment method or to re-enter his or her data in case of a data entry error.
To configure the additional number of attempts:
- Go to Settings > Shop, then click on the name of the shop for which the configuration must be changed.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Enter the authorized number of additional attempts in case of a rejected payment.
- If you wish, you can configure an IPN that will be sent upon each rejected attempt by checking Instant Payment Notification URL on a declined attempt.
- Click the Save button.
Additional attempts are not allowed:
- If the merchant has requested to automatically return to the shop via the vads_redirect_error_timeout field,
- If the payment is an installment payment.