Activating the automatic retry
This option allows to automatically send notifications to the merchant website in case of failure (up to 4 times).
A notification will be considered in failure if the HTTP return code returned by the merchant server is not in the following list: 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 301, 302.
The return codes are standardized by W3C in RFC 2616.
Automatic retry does not apply to manually triggered notifications from the Merchant Back Office.
To activate the automatic retry:
- From the Merchant Back Office, go to the following menu: Settings > Notification rules.
- Right click one of the displayed notification rules.
- Select Manage the rule.Figure 1. Instant Payment Notification URL at the end of the payment
- Enter the E-mail address(es) to notify in case of failure.
- To specify several e-mail addresses, separate them with a semi-colon.
- Set up the parameters for Automatic retry in case of failure. Call attempts are programmed at fixed intervals every 15 minutes (00, 15, 30, 45). After each failed attempt, a notification e-mail is sent to the e-mail address specified earlier.The subject of the e-mail sent in such case contains the number corresponding to the notification retry attempt. It is presented as attempt # followed by the attempt number.Example of an e-mail subject following a first notification failure at the end of payment:
[MODE TEST] My Shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #1]Example of an e-mail subject following a second failure:
[MODE TEST] My Shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #2]Example of an e-mail subject following a third failure: :
[MODE TEST] My Shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #3]To notify the merchant website of the last notification attempt, the e-mail subject will contain the mention attempt #last.Example of an e-mail subject following the last failure: :
[MODE TEST] My Shop - Tr. réf. 067925 / FAILURE during the call to your IPN URL [unsuccessful attempt #last]Each e-mail will include the details of:
Note:After the fourth attempt, it is still possible to retry the IPN URL manually via the Merchant Back Office..Warning, during the automatic retry, any manual call to the IPN URL will affect the number of automatic attempts:
- The encountered problem,
- Parts of analysis depending on the error,
- Its consequences,
- Instructions from the Merchant Back Office for resending the request to the URL specified in step 4.
- a successful manual call will stop automatic retry
- a failed manual call will have no impact on the current automatic retry.
- Save the modifications.
During the automatic retry, certain details are not stored in the database or are modified.
Examples of not available / not registered fields in the database:
Examples of fields sent with different values:
- vads_url_check_src set to RETRY
- vads_trans_status. The transaction status following this operation may be different depending on its status at the moment when the URL is called.
- vads_hash populated differently with regard to the new values.
- signature populated differently with regard to the new values.